At OMMA Global, this week, I attend a panel titled “Behavioral Advertising Partners: Choosing Wisely”. The panel was moderated by Brian Massey, of ClickZ and the panelists were
Joe Apprendi, Founder and CEO, Collective Media
Richard Frankel, President, Rocket Fuel Inc.
Jeff Hirsch, President & CEO, Audience Science (formerly Revenue Science)
Nancy Marzouk, VP Media Sales, x+1
Dave Zinman, VP and GM Display Advertising, Yahoo
Panelist were asked to come up with one question that the advertiser must ask before making a decision about which networks to use for their Behavioral Targeting campaigns. Here are the 5 questions that they came up with:
- Where are my ads going to run?
- How am I going to achieve my goals?
- What data is going to be used for Targeting?
- What is fundamentally different about what your company does as compared to other networks?
- Why should I be spending my time with various networks, what do they do different?
It was clear that the onus is on the advertiser to dig in and get their questions answered.
I also suggest reading following two blog posts, which I wrote on this subject, before you start engaging in behavioral targeting.
- 5 Steps to Successful Behavioral Targeting
- 5 Step Process to Ease Privacy Concerns Regarding Behavioral Targeting .
You might also be interested in other Behavioral Targeting Posts.
I am running for the WAA Board of Directors position and will appreciate your support and vote. To learn why you should vote for me please view my details at WAA Site. If you have any questions please feel to email me at email@example.com.